What is this indicator?
Why it is important?
How are we doing?
How can I help?
The quality of the air we breathe is linked to almost all aspects of our daily lives. Energy conservation is a key to reducing air pollution because air pollution is created anytime energy is burned. So, choosing to take your car for short errands instead of walking or biking; or, forgetting to turn off your lights—all contributes to air pollution.
- Simple actions to reduce our consumption of energy and resources also go a long way to improving air quality.
- Turn off lights and appliances when not in use to save energy.
- Conserve water to help save energy which in turn helps to clean the air.
- Drive less. Walk, bike, and bus more.
- Switch to an alternative fuel car – there are so many choices now -- electric, hybrid, hydrogen fuel cell, or cng.
- Go solar.
- Reuse and recycle.
- For more tips on how to improve our air and everyone's quality of life, check out this video, "Do One Thing ".