What is this indicator?
Why is it important?
How are we doing?
The Santa Monica Farmers Markets, established in 1981, have become a year-round staple to provide customers with fresh, seasonal and organic produce—with an estimated 900,000 shoppers each year. Overall, sales have been increasing steadily, but dropped slightly in 2014 and 2015. 2014 was an exceptionally high sales year. Sales decreased by $317,570 in 2015 due to the Saturday markets closing for two market days during the Christmas/New Year’s holiday and the drought affected the amount of produce available to sell.
How can I help?
Continue supporting your local farmers markets. The four markets are:
- Wednesday Downtown: Arizona Avenue (between 4th & Ocean), 8:30am - 1:30pm o
- Saturday Downtown: Arizona Avenue (between 4th and 2nd Streets), 8:30am - 1:00pm
- Saturday Pico: 2200 Virginia Avenue (Pico Blvd. @ Cloverfield Blvd.), 8:00am - 1:00pm
- Sunday Main St.: 2640 Main Street (in Heritage Square), 9:30am-1:00pm
- Find more information here.